Thursday, June 20, 2019

Sarah has a breakdown and another cast member is added to the blog.




Good day all!

I'll admit it.  I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday. I know that comes as a shock to those of you who don't live with me, but trust me, I don't always find everything as hilarious as I make it seem.

And yesterday was one of those days.

I'm in the middle of one of those weeks where all my appointments piled up.  Showing up for a hair appointment, a mental therapy appointment, blood labs and a follow up with the iron doc all in the same week might not seem like a big deal to most people, but to me, with Franken Boot locked on my foot, I just haven't felt like going anywhere...

I did make it to my hair appointment (thank you Ms. Molly, not her real name, for working with me and my hair angst, and please don't take what I'm about to say as real...remember, I had a breakdown.) and to my mental therapy guy (where we spent most of the time talking about authors and their mental issues. Probably not the best use of my time there, given what happened yesterday. We probably should have talked about me for a little bit at least.)

Yesterday was a break in the middle of all the appointments. And yesterday my "Even up" shoe thing showed up.  I ordered it from Amazon along with a bra that I was convinced was going to be comfortable and make me look good.

I probably should not have opened the box in the middle of a week of appointments.

The even up thing is basically a thick platform (or two, as it turned out) of foam that you attach to your non-Franken Booted foot so you don't hobble around like Igor (see what I did there?) on uneven legs.  Good for the hips. Not sure why medical professionals don't know about this, but they don't and I got a tip from a friend.

So the first thing I did was open up the bra. I have been in dire need of a boost both mentally and physically and I figured this "active support" bra would do it.

It didn't.

It was blah from start to finish. Blah look, blah color, and terrible fit.  Oh, and the straps dug into my shoulders.

Back in the box it goes!

Of course, being a woman and being a fluffy person, I don't blame the ill fit on the garment, I blame it on myself.  And it was in that frame of mind that I pulled the Even Up thing out of the box.

It's black...it's foam...it's

SUPER UGLY.

I strapped it onto my shoe, my cute sandal that I love I was hoping I could wear and this...this is what it looked like:



Thusly, BRIDE OF FRANKEN BOOT was born.

But that doesn't explain my breakdown.

See, the Even up...well, it didn't even up. It made my Bride foot taller than my Franken foot.  I was still hobbling, just the other way.

So it's UGLY.

I looked in the mirror.  That super kicky run hairstyle I got from Ms. Molly on Monday?  Well, paired with the ugly bra and the even uglier footwear and the fact that I had attempted to do my own hair that morning (with little success) let's just say I looked in the mirror and saw a whole lot of ugly.

I looked around my house...which is a mess and sort of smells funky because we have 5 cats, four adults, and it'd been super humid (cool, but humid) lately which makes everything a little damp and as we all know, nothing damp ever smells great.  I looked at the dishes in the sink, the laundry I haven't done because navigating the stairs is a problem, and  the grunge in the bathrooms because normally Peaches cleans the bathrooms but she's been working super over time the past week.

Bad house, bad bra, bad hair (not really, but it wasn't good the way I did it) and bad, bad, BAD footwear.

I shut my bedroom door and started sobbing.  Hubby came in, fresh from his long day on the road and tried to ask what was wrong...all I could do was sob, "I'm so sick of all the ugly!"

Hubby, being the great guy he is, let me sob and then take a 3 hour nap.

I got up, still bummed, but feeling better. I put the bra back in the box to return it.  I figured out that I could remove one of the layers of foam on the EVEN UP and I could actually walk nicely.  I figured out how to do my hair (oh, and Ms. Molly made Skippy compliment my haircut, which always helps) and I went back to my usual habit of ignoring how the house looks. (Because what's the point in cleaning anything until the kids finally leave?)

And Franken Boot and Bride of Franken Boot made nice and watched TV together last night.


So I'm back to having a messy life and being okay about it. I'm liking the new hair style, even if I can't quite get a handle on how to do it right, and hey, walking evenly is great no matter how ugly the footwear is.

So if you're feeling near the brink of a breakdown, take heart.  Also, take a long nap. A nap won't fix anything, but it'll give you a better outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year's Resolutions: Let's see if I can do better this year.

  I'm fully aware that it's almost the middle of February, FAR past the time when I give out the grades from my New Year's Resol...