Friday, June 17, 2022

Five for Friday! Deep Thoughts...by Sarah Bradley

 



Hello and happy Friday all! (Does anyone remember "Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live?  I never completely understood why those were funny.  Maybe I'm not smart enough.)

It's been a minute, I know.  I had every intention of blogging more since work seemed to be less stressful and...oh wait...

There was a reason work was less stressful.  There was NO BUSINESS.  And that's bad...I guess.  And since there was no incoming business there were layoffs.

Anybody out there want to hire me, so I can work from home, 32 hours a week, Monday through Friday. I don't want to do anything really...I'd like to be paid to watch movies and eat.

Which is why I haven't blogged.  I've been in a sort of funk since it happened. I mean, who gets fired on a Friday?  Pretty much everyone, right?  But I...I got fired on a Friday the 13th.  So...there's that.

Anyway, I realized during my morning walk today, because I'm still forcing myself to get out of bed early and walk and make coffee and all that just as if I was still working and not freaking out about bills and whatnot while I slog through endless rabbit holes of endless job board, all which promise great work from home jobs (which is a MUST at the moment since gas is over $5 a gallon and hubby just had his job "adjusted" and is now 100% work at home, and that means he loses his company car so we're down to one car, the mighty Cube, and yes, it's a great car, but no, I don't feel the need to destroy it driving to a job...

Wow, that was a long sentence that went nowhere.

And oh yeah, I've been looking for a literary agent, because I'm just terrible at marketing my books and it wears me out, but the only people returning my calls are people who will gladly publish and market my books because, as they say, I'm a GENIUS AUTHOR! and they can't WAIT to SHARE MY BRILLIANCE" All I have to do is pony up $6200.00 

To put it another way, stuff at the Bradley house is, as always, in flux. Hubby is going to have to buy a car, which we are going to have to insure and fuel, something we haven't had to do in seven years.  And I have to find a job that's going to require me, most likely, to put half my paycheck into the gas tank, which is going to blow because any job I get now is going to be a pay cut from what I was making anyway.

Who wants to start a "go Fund me" for me? LOL

Where was I?  Oh right. So, during my walk today I realized I have some pretty random thoughts and, since it's been a long time since I've done a Five for Friday, I wanted to share those thought with you, my friends and readers.  



Again, these are thoughts that a college educated adult has during a morning walk.  


5) If the early bird catches the worm, does that mean that birds looking for worms in the afternoon are 'bird brained?' Or is that term reserved for the birds trying to locate worms under pavement?


4) Does a clementine taste better than an orange, or do I like them better because they are easier to peal and I'm seriously basing my taste on laziness?


3) Why do I still have my high school prom dress?  What do I think is going to happen in my life that I'm going to need it?


2) If a runner's high is so great, how come I never see anyone smiling while they're running?

1)  Am I the only one who has always confused Cyd Charice with Sid Caesar?  


And there you have it, friends.  My first, and likely not my last, unemployment era five for Friday.  


BTW, I went to the Theater for a Play this week and was accosted and mocked by old people. Stay tuned for that blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year's Resolutions: Let's see if I can do better this year.

  I'm fully aware that it's almost the middle of February, FAR past the time when I give out the grades from my New Year's Resol...