Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Five for Friday! (On Wednesday) NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION TIME!

 



Well here we are:  the week between Christmas and New Year's.  A lot of people's work and school schedules are messed up, there's American football on TV pretty much every day, and we're all a little confused as to what day it is.

It's also that time of year when we all sit down and take stock of our lives and make resolutions to quit smoking, lose weight, eat better, blah blah blah.

2022 Was quite the year of upheaval here at the house, and much of 2023 is going to be spent dealing with the fallout. Things do look brighter, which is positive, but it's going to be a lot of work. Keeping that in mind, I've cobbled together my New Year's Resolutions for 2023.  (someone's going to have to remind me to give myself a report card next year!)




5) Stop using my Visa after February 1, 2023.

Part of the big upheaval is that I lost my fairly lucrative work at home job back in May.  Spending three months on Unemployment did not come close to covering the bills. Which meant we had to dip into the credit cards and the kitchen fund in a major way. Then I got a job, a full time job, that still wasn't making as much as my previous job, and oh yeah, I hated it. I felt caged. Then I found an awesome job.  Perfect in every way. Well, except it's currently super part time.  It'll be full time sometime after February 1, but this meant that much of Christmas went on my credit. A little frustrating, since we were in a really good place credit card wise back in May.  So, in 2023,I'm not going to promise I'm going to get my card paid off, but I'm resolved not to use it.



4) Time at the computer means working or writing. Not shopping.

Yeah, this is going to go a long way to helping the credit card situation.  As you know I'm an office girl by day and an author in my off time. (Thanks to my great new job, I'm an author by day as well.)  The biggest temptation when one is facing a computer screen is to, instead of working or writing, shop.  This was especially true in the last several months because, you know, Christmas.  So now, for 2023, the online shopping is, well, not done forever, let's be real, but it'll be cut down significantly.


3) Get back on the program!

This is not a weight loss thing, although it might sound like it. As many of you know, Hubby and I did Noom for about 18 months starting back in 2020.  I lost 37 pounds. For the last year I've been stalled and I've allowed 6 of those pound back on me.  I blame the job upheaval, but it's a lot of stuff that's gone on, I've gotten off the program, and returned to some of my bad old habits. So, for 2023, it's not about losing weight, it's about going back to what I learned a year ago, and being smarter about the food I put in my pie hole.


2) Take a class.

I've talked about a number of things I've wanted to do over the years, but I haven't mostly because it involves going back to school.  And who wants to go back to school, and having that cut into my TV time?  I live ten minutes from one of the best technical colleges in the country.  I don't know what class I'm going to take, but I'm taking something.  Watch out!



1) Replace guilt with self-care.

Friends, I'm old, I'm fragile, and I'm wracked with guilt about so many things I can't even count them.  This is the year I try and let go of some of that guilt and just...be better.  Be less fearful. Be more loving.  You get the picture. Oh, and also, maybe fall down less.  Because falling down is not good for someone of my advanced years.



So there we are: My resolutions for the near year.  Will I keep them?  Will I remember them past the end of today?  Let's plow through 2023 and find out!  In the meantime:




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year's Resolutions: Let's see if I can do better this year.

  I'm fully aware that it's almost the middle of February, FAR past the time when I give out the grades from my New Year's Resol...