Thursday, May 30, 2013

How to Embarrass your Child at a Stoplight...without being in the same car.

Good evening!

Well, the satellite went out because we are under tornado warnings and super thunderstorms.  So instead of watching a rerun of "Criminal Minds"  I'm going to share with you a fun little  moment Hubby and I had with Peaches and her boyfriend recently.

Oh yeah, Peaches loves it when I blog about her.

It's not that I go out of my way to embarrass my kids.  It just sort of happens every now and then, and usually it's completely an accident.  But sometimes it's more like...well, like fun.

This past weekend Hubby  and I were out and about running errands.  Nothing exciting. I think the highlight was we stopped for coffee at our favorite coffee chain place.

Happily sipping over priced legalized liquid joy juice, Hubby pulled the sedan up to a red light.  Across the intersection, waiting to make a right hand turn, was the Boyfriend's vehicle, Peaches in the passenger seat.

What do you do when you see someone you know and you're stopped at a light?  You wave!  And what do you do when you see your child with her significant other and you really want to be sure she sees you?

You wave like a maniac until she notices.

And you continue waving as they make that right hand turn, passing five feet from you.

Now, Peaches is a good sport, and her boyfriend is a cool kid.  At first they waved back. 

"Oh she's embarrassed,"  Hubby said.

I'm sorry.  I couldn't help it.  "She thinks she's embarrassed.  Wait until I do this!"  And that's when I really started to wave.  I think I broke out in a sweat.  It was a workout!

Hubby loves a good chuckle, he waved with me.  Boyfriend waved back. He's a polite young man.  Peaches, on the other hand...well Peaches looked a lot like a starlet who's been out a bit too late and doesn't want anyone to see her looking disheveled.  She pulled her jacket up and hid her face and they drove past us.

Which just meant one thing:  Success!

Like I said, it's not like I go looking for chances to embarrass the kids.  It just sort of happens.  Skippy, being older, has taken to ignoring me, but Peaches is still in that sweet spot age wise...

As a side note, let me tell you, the first Elsie W. book is coming along swimmingly, the outline for the second one is done and I just have to sit down and flesh things out.  And, while she's gone (and my blood pressure proves it)  Noelle C is definitely NOT forgotten.  NBM found a note...and epic opus really, in some file.  It's 14 handwritten pages and my only question is:  Do I scan it right to the blog or hold on to it until I get to her book?

Yep, it's just that good.  Aqua Girl, as I've decided to call the new one until she gives me reason to give her a different name, starts Monday.  I've begged NBM for one thing:  Let the next one be normal.  I don't even care if she's smart, good looking, friendly, whatever.  Just please, please, please, let this one not be insane.

We'll find out on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year's Resolutions: Let's see if I can do better this year.

  I'm fully aware that it's almost the middle of February, FAR past the time when I give out the grades from my New Year's Resol...