Friday, May 29, 2015

Come to think of it, I believe I DID win the bet!

Good morning!

Some time shortly before Christmas Hubby and I were watching TV and a commercial for Duluth Trading Company came on.  It was for their men's "Buck Naked" underwear.  You've probably seen the commercial, a cartoon guy is walking around and the announcer says, "What Buck Naked Underwear feels like" and then the cartoon guy is naked, except there's a black bar over his "nay nay" area and there's banjo music playing.  It's a funny ad, and the banjo music sticks in my brain.  

Anyway, right before Christmas we were watching this commercial and I said, "That's great, but once again, they don't make that for women...because why would women want durable, comfortable underwear?"

Hubby said, "I bet they do make it for women."

We made a bet.  If Duluth Trading Company DID make Buck Naked Underwear for women, then I would have to purchase a couple pair of the pricey underduds for hubby.  I'll be honest...I don't remember what my end was if they DIDN'T because I found women's Buck Naked Underwear on their site and I got a pair.

You may remember the post I wrote a couple months back praising the comfort of said underwear.  And I stand by that.  They are totally comfortable.

And yet, I believe I won the bet.

My contention is that no women's underwear is made to be as comfortable or as durable as men's.  And I believe, upon further review, I've proven my point.

Hubby has two pair of the undies.  He wears them every week. I wash them every week. They look exactly the way they did almost six months ago when I bought them.

I bought one pair.  The first time I wore them, I noticed that the stitching in the crotch was all undone.  That was fresh out of the package.  I returned them, and got a new pair.  Good customer service and hey, anyone can have a dud pair from time to time.

I've had the second pair since February. I don't wear them every week.  Maybe every other.  So in four months I've probably worn them 8 times, give or take. I wash them exactly the same way I wash Hubby's.  And last week I got them out of my drawer (got my drawers out of my drawer, get it?) and the waistband was frayed.  Not just one string, no the whole thing was frayed and falling apart.  It looked like fringe.

I expect this of underwear I get in a six pack for $8.  I DO NOT expect this of a pair for which I paid $24 for the one pair.  

I wrote to Duluth Trading and once again they sent me a new pair. Great customer service.  This time I didn't have to return the faulty pair.  But the greatest customer service on the planet doesn't cover up the fact that I'm on my third pair of these things in less than five months and Hubby is blissfully happy with his worry free pairs.

So you be the judge.  Did I win the bet?  I think I did.

I just wish I could remember what my winning was going to be.  I hope it's not another pair of Buck Naked Underwear for women.  Maybe I'll just wear his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year's Resolutions: Let's see if I can do better this year.

  I'm fully aware that it's almost the middle of February, FAR past the time when I give out the grades from my New Year's Resol...