Thursday, August 19, 2010

Here's to the men who read this blog!

Good evening! 

Well this is odd.  I almost never, ever blog at home.  BUT I just got back from Silver's...okay, let's just drop the pretense.  It's GOLD's.  There, I said it.  Gold's Gym.  I just got back from my second first meeting the a personal trainer.  (Remember, the first first meeting was with Crumb Blowing Steve.)

One thing I learned today...no, not that I'm fat.  Did you not READ my blog on the answer to every question?  One thing I learned today is that men read this blog. More specifically, Nice Mark over at Gold's reads my blog.

I knew some me read my blog.  I mean, my husband has to.  My friend, Todd, reads and comments on it.  Most of the time when I'm writing it I hear Todd's very infectious laughter in my head.  I miss those days when he and I would just barely pass college Physics, mostly because we could both rewrite pop songs to include the word BEER and because Lee, our lab partner, was a genius.  (That you, Lee!)

I never realized that when I gave out my blog address, people might actually read it...

(Uh, DUH Sarah!)

So today, I'm writing in honor of the two Marks, Nice Mark who has also asked to be called "Naturally Balding Mark" and Personal Trainer Mark who did not Blow Crumbs in my face, but DID imdb Rick Springfield so that he sounded like he knew what he was talking about during out session today.  That Mark has asked that I refer to him as KRAM.

And so I shall.

I never thought I'd write so much about health clubs, but that's sort of been what I've been doing the last couple weeks.  It's time for me to get back to the hot yummy thing I was....

Oh, wait...

Yeah, okay, whatever.  Let's move on.

After I found out that Naturally Balding Mark was reading, I thought I should probably make this a more male friendly experience.  I mean, I could spend all my time ranting about personal trainers who blow donut crumbs, but honestly, that gets old, and besides, I have so much more to rant about.

So, my friends, both male and female, I salute and welcome you to my humble little abode.  And, for my male friends...well, I've been told that there's this one special fantasy most guys have...a Star Wars thing.  So, to prove to you that I'm not just commenting on the middle aged female condition, I give you this:




Okay, that's out of the way.  Tomorrow, Friday, I am attending a wedding rehearsal.  It's actually a bit more involved.  See, I'm playing the music for the wedding.  Those of you who know me, know that the last time I played for a wedding, the music fell off the music stand and the soloist and I burst out in laughter so hard, it covered the sound of the building's roof being torn off during the ceremony.

Honestly, this stuff just sort of happens to me.  I cannot make it up!  I'm not that talented!

So a former Sunday school student of mine ignored my protests and convinced me to play for her wedding.  Tomorrow is the rehearsal.  I'm wondering if it's too late to break a hand or something.

Hey!  I could get KRAM to make me do something over at Gold's that would injure my hand...just until Saturday night!

It's just a thought...

1 comment:

  1. FYI. About the "barely pass college Physics" comment. I didn't pass it the first time with Sponholz. I had to retake it with Carmichael. I truly did not put myself to work until I was a Senior.

    ReplyDelete

New Year's Resolutions: Let's see if I can do better this year.

  I'm fully aware that it's almost the middle of February, FAR past the time when I give out the grades from my New Year's Resol...