Sunday, December 7, 2014

'Tis the Season to "TAKE IT DOWN!"

Good morning!

As most of you know, I tend to rant about people leaving up their Christmas decorations past Groundhog day.  So one would that that right now, smack dab in the middle of twinkle lights season, I would be at peace and happy and content.  And, you know, not ranting.

Nope.  I found a whole new home decoration issue to rant about.  

PEOPLE:  It is DECEMBER 7!  TAKE DOWN THE HALLOWEEN AND THANKSGIVING DECORATIONS!

I get it:  Not everyone decorates for Christmas.  That's fine.  I'm not here to say everyone needs to put candy canes and snowmen and the three kings out on their front lawn.  BUT...Halloween and Thanksgiving are OVER.  The plastic Jack-o-Lanterns and the rows of pumpkins, carved or not, NEED TO GO!

If your pumpkins look like this GET RID OF IT!
I witnessed this not once, not twice, but multiple times on my own street!  Someone still had one of those stuffed headless scarecrow men things people put on their porches to scare little kids.  And the rotting pumpkins up and down the street...WHAT IS GOING ON??????????????????

Did I miss a memo...is this the new standard of lazy?  Are people taunting me?  

It's not like I'm jumping on the Halloween people on November 1.  Hey, I left my floating heads up until almost mid November.  But once Thanksgiving hits, that's the time to get rid of the ghosts and goblins.  Basically, you get a MONTH.  

So pretty...but if you don't get this cleared up by December 1
the display, like the baby, are going to get over
ripe and awful.
If you decorate for Thanksgiving...and I do, indoors...that's fine.  But that's one of those things where you best be a quick change artist because on the day after Thanksgiving most neighborhoods turn into an electric landscape and your hay bale with the scarecrow dressed like a Pilgrim surrounded by pumpkins and gourds is going to look really, really terrible, and it's going to rot.

Honestly, I've never noticed a problem before this year. I mean, there's always that house that leaves the stuffed guy out on the porch year 'round...but they put a Santa hat on his headless shoulders.  I can respect that level of lazy. At least it's an attempt.
At least they tried.

What I'm really saying is this:  I get it if you don't want to put up four miles of lights on your house.  I get it if Christmas isn't your thing.  But buddy...NO ONE WANTS TO LOOK AT ROTTING PUMPKINS AND MOLDY STRAW BODIES.

TAKE THEM DOWN!







No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year's Resolutions: Let's see if I can do better this year.

  I'm fully aware that it's almost the middle of February, FAR past the time when I give out the grades from my New Year's Resol...